The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving 300 miles in 3 weeks. I have a planted 60P with an assortment of cryptocoryne, some on the rare side. I have no fish, snails, etc., only plants. I’ve been thinking I would simply drain the tank and leave enough water to maintain the plants for 2 days during the move and move the tank, plants and all. The tank is on a piece of 3/4” plywood and I’d simply move it from one place to the other. Do others advise this to be a good idea, or should I uproot everything and replant when I get relocated? What do you think, and do others have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will be moving 300 miles in 3 weeks. I have a planted 60P with an assortment of cryptocoryne, some on the rare side. I have no fish, snails, etc., only plants. I’ve been thinking I would simply drain the tank and leave enough water to maintain the plants for 2 days during the move and move the tank, plants and all. The tank is on a piece of 3/4” plywood and I’d simply move it from one place to the other. Do others advise this to be a good idea, or should I uproot everything and replant when I get relocated? What do you think, and do others have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.
I’d say to try to keep everything in there as mush as possible without uprooting. I’d do exactly as you are doing and leave just a minimum amount of water .. maybe cover the top the the tank with plastic wrap to keep all the humidity in there too. The plants will be ok without light for a couple days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.