The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I got away with this, and am not telling a tale of tragedy. We are refinishing the floors and painting the walls, including under my long-established 65G planted CO2 tank. The tank rests on a heavy wooden piece of furniture/wine rack, aquired cheap years ago, and to which I have added several additional support legs. The whole thing is probably well over 1000 lbs. I really did not want to disassemble a decade of work and evolution - If I can just slide it into the kitchen for the week the work is happenning I can avoid that fishy disruption. So, after offering prayers to every god we could think of, we drained about 2/3 of the water, took everything out of the stand, and used a car jack to raise one end of the stand about 1". My brave spouse put her hands underneath to slip furniture slides under the legs; then we did the other end. Neither of us are body builders, but we can now (very slowly and carefully) move the entire tank across the floor. We'll just leave those slides there to protect the new floor after the project is finished. So, advice to new tanks owners: consider putting these things under the stand BEFORE you set it up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow, you guys should by lottery tickets! I admire your bravery and ingenuity.

Reactions: Plinkploop

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great Job! I will be moving my 75 gallon and stand in a month or two to paint the walls and eventually will be doing it again to replace the floors. Glad to see these slides work! Way to go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.