The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am back in College Station, TX at Texas A&M Univ. and my tanks some how made it back. The water is softer here than Dallas so I hope my plants grow like they did up there. My few cherries and my otto made it the 3 and a half hour drive and ate lunch with me in Wendy's.... The Blyxa in my 2.5g needed to be replanted anyways so this was the perfect time to do it. Though it was about to bloom flowers so that made me a little mad. My .9g (which is an experiment) also fared well. I planted some wild dwarf hairgrass I found at a lake and it has been growing like mad and I get new blades popping up everyday. Anyways here are some pics of how they sit now. Ignore the particles floating in the .9g. I was trying to rebury some roots of the hairgrass since the aqua soil shifted.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Glad to hear your success and your tanks look great for ones that just got packed up and restarted!

I'm doing the same thing tomorrow with my 20 long. All the plants, gravel, shrimp, etc have been packed up and will depart in the morning but I'm only making an hour and a half drive to school (big improvement from my undergrad school which was 5 hours away...).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That little 5g is pretty amazing. I really like the DIY stand for it.
lol its a 2.5g, but I have had people tell me it looks like a 10g. The small .9g looks better in person. It is really just a mess around tank. As you can see there is a java fern leaf in there I am trying to bring back to life and the riccia was ust tied down 2 days ago so I am waiting for it to come out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks good, glad to see they made it safely. Gives me hope for my 29g I'm moving in two weeks up to FSU. I love the little tank next to your couch. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Got to be a great come on line to tell a girl in college .. .

Wanna see my fish tank?

How do you keep your roommate from peeing in the tank?

:D

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How bout that. Another Aggie on the board. There are a few more of us on here as well. Your tanks look great!
I know of h20aggie and maybe one other. My roomate is my brother but I haven't told my other roomate that tank is out in the living room, but he mostly stays in his room anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts