The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Discus freak
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will runners kill or affect the mother plant?

I have dwarf swag shooting runners everywhere, i plan on it taking over my foreground, just wondering if it will have negative affect on the mother plant, thanks.

- oz

·
Registered
866 Posts
not that I know of. You can cut them and replant tham further and they will be mother plants themselves. Toook me a while to get a good mass before they really get nuts and started to take over my tank. I got tired of them after a while and got rid of all mine.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
just let it do its own thing it will fill in nicely on its own thats what im doin. best part is if it gets taller than what you want just trim it lol.

·
Registered
760 Posts
not that I know of. You can cut them and replant tham further and they will be mother plants themselves. Toook me a while to get a good mass before they really get nuts and started to take over my tank. I got tired of them after a while and got rid of all mine.

That's what I have done in the past. I would often remove it all to say re scape the tank, cut it into individual plants (or small clumps), and replant in desired area. If you do it right, won't have to ever buy again. lol I am going to try and use dividers in my substrate to try and contain it to certain areas next time.

I actually had to tear down the tank and the substrate was in a tote, uncovered, outside for approx a month and a half. I thought I removed all plants from the substrate before removing, and any odd debris when I put it back in. I filled the tank up, to start to cycle while waiting for new plants, and I have over 10 dwarf sag plants sprouting and growing in the tank in less than 2 weeks. I think the larger plants already have 4-5 leaves.

·
Discus freak
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm doing letting it cover up some of the ground and keeping it under contrklt

- oz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts