The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've fed: meal worms, crickets, roach nymphs of various species, silk worms (caterpillars), earth worms, wax worms, river shrimp, snails (land and aquatic), dried flies, fish eggs, fly larvae . . . and a few other things I can't think of.

This was fed to my fancy goldfish, but they usually get a more "normal" diet.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The half inch long shrimp I found in a frozen cube of omega one frozen mysis shrimp. The thing literally looked like a salad shrimp with the shell still on. It was a delicious treat for the tiger barb that was quicker than the rest lol. They also enjoy my pricier plants on occasion as well.

I don't really get fancy with feeding other than quality food. Dr.Foster&Smith (i believe it's them) have a neat frozen "buffet" kit thing that looks cool. Meal worms and garlic etc. in their own grinder jar, mix with water and freeze in a silocne cube mold. Fun idea.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Feed my oscars hotdogs, they didn't quite know what to do at first but now it's like watching a fat kid at a candy store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hotdog/fat kid comment FTMFW :wink2:

To answer the post question, the most exotic I get is whatever random bug I catch inside the hous. Otherwise its the usual suspects of dried and frozn foods.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Freshly scooped green water.... Baby fish, although the larger ones pig out on it too. There is a shared lamp at the tanks, all the fish collect at the corner closest to the light, as the protozoa and stuff in the water swims towards the light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.