The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a new hardscape in my aquarium, and I need mosses. I'm not picky, so any type will do.

I've received lots of dead plants from a certain online store located in AZ which screwed me big on the shipping, so I'm reluctant to buy plants from any website unless you all can recommend a good one.

I'll buy from anyone here directly via paypal or an online store that comes highly recommended. Also, I live and work in NYC, so if you live in the area, I wouldn't mind doing an in person hand-off.

While I prefer to buy from someone here, I'll buy from a store (online or local) if need be. Please feel free to make suggestions if you can.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I've received lots of dead plants from a certain online store located in AZ which screwed me big on the shipping, so I'm reluctant to buy plants from any website unless you all can recommend a good one.
Same experience here with same store

·
Registered
305 Posts
mosses

Hey,

I've got a small ball of x-mass moss. I've also got lots of e. "vesuvius", one needle leaf java fern, one java fern, a red lotus, tons of cabomba, and some blyxa japonica and Lindernia rotundifolia that was received in bad shape but is rehabing. Not sure if you're just looking for moss, so I'm just throwing the rest out there. I'm in park slope.

Have a good one

·
Registered
102 Posts
aquariumplants.com is not bad. it obviously depends on what you want.
I've been very happy with my online purchases from aquariumplants.com. Decent selection, good prices, great shipping and packaging. I've used a couple of other online sites for plants (I won't mention any names) but have come away less than impressed. From jacked up shipping charges to getting rotten/dying plants to not getting what you ordered and paid for. Not to mention the misrepresentation on the site of the plants you'll get. Showing a picture of a plant like anubias nana petite and you only get like about 1/5 of that when you order it. Haven't had any of those problems with aquariumplants.com. Plants are as advertised, very healthy, generous portions and package extremely well and shipped very timely.

As others have said, the swap n shop is a great way to get plants, also. You can get some plants that are very hard to come by otherwise and there are some great sellers here, too, that have plants that are very healthy and, at times, for great prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.