The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my latest mini project: 1gallon AquaOne tank, Java moss-based "Sanzoniwagumi" (hopefully).
Have been playing around with photoshop to try and see what the finished result should be, so here's what I got.

Tank Now: (still quite cloudy as I was lazy with the sand washing)

Finished "photoshop" Scape with Java moss (again, hopefully) :

I hope that will give you a clue as to what I hope this to turn out like.

The lighting is, as you can see, an 11w Arcadia ArcPod
Filtration is the good old Red Sea Nano
Substrate pure silver sand, no additives,
Rocks from Italy,
Plants are Java moss only, tied to slate with cotton.

This tank will be unheated as I can't fit a heater in there, and I will use rainwater for water changes to keep it very soft and acidic. Current pH is 6.5ish, but may go up because of the sand and rocks. KH and GH are at 0, but may also go up.

Fertilization will be: Macro's via ADA green brighty special lights, and Micro's via JBL Ferropol.

I have DIY CO2 plumbed into the filter.

Ta for looking, I should be updating as the bloomin stuff grows!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i don'tknow about rain water WC's, that may kill everything.
Man has polluted the earth so much that the rainwater is even bad most places.
it may contain antifreeze, oils, etc. or it may be clean, but not neccesarily soft and acid, unless you test it, you can never be sure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dufus - Thanks for your concern. I am pretty sure it is safe, as I'm currently using it in my 5g iwagumi and another 3g moss tank. pH is 6.8 with 0 measurable hardness.

The water is finally clear now, so I might post a decent pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The water is finally clear now, so I might post a decent pic tomorrow.
Ok well that didn't happen! Oh well.....

I know this isn't moss in here now (the java all went brown and disintigrated :( ) , but I definitely prefer it like this. Its D. diandra in the background with an HC foreground. As the corners of this tank are rounded and its so small it's really hard to get a good shot. This one was taken at a wide angle to stop the distortion on the glass and seems to have put the scape kinda out of shape. Oh well, I'll find a way round it.

The tank gets roughly 3 hours direct sunlight in the morning, at which time both the diandra and the HC pearl like crazy! I get more bubbles from the plants than from the CO2. The tips of the diandra are starting to go red now too.

Thanks for looking,

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.