The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all mosses out there which one is the quickest to root on to driftwood?

I know I'll have to tie it on at first, but I'd like to have the ties in there as short as possible.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of time line are we talking in general before you can remove the netting/ties? Month, year...?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Again it varies a lot on how it is attached. If you use coton thread and it's java moss on wood spread thinly then it can be as quick as a week.
If you are really in a hurry then just use superglue, it is a pretty normal method for moss now and a lot quicker. Only thing to remember is the glue will leave White marks on wood ( remove with razor blade) and stone.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
How about Singapore Moss??

Good morning Chris...

I prefer Singapore moss on driftwood. In some tank conditions it grows in thin, dark green threads. I have it several of my planted tanks. In some instances, pieces break off and attach to other plants. If it attaches to something closer to the light source, it can grow very thick branches. It's actually quite pretty. Anyway, I use black sewing thread to attach it to driftwood, the thinner the thread, the better. Eventually, the thread dissolves, but by that time, the moss is firmly established.

B

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super glue. Brilliant! and why didn't I think of it since I used it all the time in my old salt water tank.

Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.