The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a 55 and want a moss wall on the back. I am looking for suggestions on the material that seems to be working best to hold the moss and what you are using and liking for the moss. I want it fairly fast growing. The tank will have pressuized co2 and 2x54 t5 lighting.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Actually if you want fast growing plants in your moss wall start with Riccia.

Sandwich moss bits between two layers of plastic mesh. All over the mesh. Tiny bits of moss will grow bigger. Needle point mesh or plastic gutter guard works. Use thread or small cable zip ties to hold the layers of mess together. Loosely. Use as much moss as you can afford to use.

What I'm using for Riccia and moss "stones" is the mesh bag that cherry tomatoes ship in. Perfect size and it stretches to conform to the base.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Darkblade48 I an assuming that you start it on the bottom and let it grow up..
I try to start off with as much starting plant as possible, and then spread it evenly over the entirety of the plastic canvas.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I just made a moss wall and what works best IMHO is needle work mesh from a craft store I stitched it with some fishing line. I made it with the taiwan moss I love the way it looks and it grows pretty fast too... well at least it does for me in my low tech tank :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.