The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
I've got a moss wall growing in a 2.5, so it is definitely doable. "too much" of the tank depends on what else you want in it. it restricts space, but can make a great atmosphere.

In my 2.5, I have only mosses and an anubias nana 'petite' as an accent: christmas moss (back wall) java moss (side walls and floor) and peacock moss + stringy moss on my one rock hardscape.

I suggest using the craft-square stuff and not the guttering cover material for such small tanks because the former is stiffer easier to keep tight against wall, which maximizes your space (I tried the guttering cover material and all my shrimps hang out behind it. With the craft-material, they can't get back there.

gl

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what is the craft material you speak of? im wanting to make a moss wall but dont know where to buy the mesh?

cheers.

andy

It's the plastic mesh used for needlepoint. You can walk into any craft store or WalMart (craft dept) and ask for "plastic needlepoint grid" and they should know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a moss wall on either end of my 8gal nano.Its not bad but defo could be better.Its only java moss though, xmas moss should work much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts