The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Many plants...little time
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local stone yard today. I checked out what they had cause I'm sick of the rocks I have...not enough character. So I found this stuff...$0.10/lb so I bought 120lbs worth. I did an acid test on it but it didn't fizz so I'm assuming they are safe...I also googled the stone and can't find any info on them. Have any of you guys ever heard of this stuff?
here are some pics...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Honestly, you probably won't have too much issue if you use Aquasoil. Aquasoil makes the ph plummet, so higher ph rocks don't have as much of a negative impact on them, I know that even while using limestone (which is what Seiryu is), the ph stayed around 4.5-5, but the water there was also 8-8.5 out of the tap or something ridiculous like that since the water is filtered through limestone in Texas.

You could simply put the stones in a bucket of water and see how much they effect the ph/kh, if after a few days there is no noticeable difference in basic levels then it wouldn't be any worse than just using your basic water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.