The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm in the process of making a VERY LARGE moss presentation in MS Power Point. I'm on vacation this week so this will be when I hope to get a large portion of it done! But My photography skill for taking pictures of moss is about as good as your child's finger painting! So I need some help!

I'm going to be needing good high res pictures of pretty much every moss in the hobby! All Credit will be given to the owner of the image. I have no problem with watermarks and signatures as long as it doesn't take away from the image... So Like bottom right hand corner mostly please! If the picture is like labled on the bottom righ/middle in a nice looking font that doesn't take away from the picture I have no problem with it as well. Under or next or above the picture I will have a caption saying "Thank you (name here) for the picture!" or something like that, and have a page or two at the end or beginning or both thanking everyone!

So If you have pictures that are good of mosses and would like to help me spread the hobby please post them here! OR if you can't/won't for some reason PM me and we can work something out.

I need pictures of every moss in the hobby! I also need a good picture that is a scape of all moss so if you have one Let Me Know! I think I'm going to use Steven's when it matures but that will be a bit farther off!(he already gave me permission and everything)

Also if you have pictures on STEP by STEP of attatching moss to something I could use those as well... There are sooooo many different ways and I'm going to try to cover them all.

I'm hopefully going to give this presentation to some kids at school (if i have enough guts:sleep: ) To help clear up all the confusion my classmates get when I talk about the moss obsession I have and convince them I'm not running some illegal operation... LOL! (It's a big joke at school.... people don't understand the use of moss:eek: ) Then I hope to give the presentation to fish and plant clubs around the area and farther off if this does really really well, I'll see! I'll also probably somehow make show only copies of it so you can show it to your club but can't like edit it so it stays the same and I know who is editing my presentation...

Thanks to everyone in advance! Maybe I'll have a privet screening when it's done... ;)

-Andrew

Oh, BTW I outlined it this afternoon and was 25 pages and I hadn't even made all the pages... But I lost them by deleting it by mistake! Yeah I'm an idiot:sleep: :hihi:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
it's a big joke at school.... people don't understand the use of moss:eek: )
I know what you mean. One of my friends insists on calling it "mold".

I try to explain that mold is from a completely different kingdom of life, but it does no good. Then they ask why you would want to grow it. I usually just say it's a possible cure for cancer and the medical field needs me.

As to your picture requests, there are a lot of photos of moss on the 'net, and I doubt very much anyone will care if you are using it for a school powerpoint.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean. One of my friends insists on calling it "mold".
LOL! Well my friends know WHAT moss is, but they don't understand why I grow it...And if they thought it was weird to grow it when I tell them I sold some they can't believe anyone would buy it!:icon_roll And then some kids hear me talking about prices and stuff with other kids and think I'm talking about illegal substances... LOL!

So If anyone has good pictures of any moss post, or pm me please. I'm going to need a few dozen pictures... And then some:icon_roll

Starting it over again... So I'll have a list of what I'm looking for and that type of thing...

Thanks!
-Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts