The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've got a problem. So I want to carpet the bottom of my tank with Java moss. I know it will grow all over everything and I'm OK with that. I might try and keep it off the drift wood but that's optional. So my issue is this. I have a sand substrate and I want the moss to follow the contours of the sand. Do I need to anchor the moss down or can I just chuck it in and let it grow leave the trimmings lay around and wait for it to thicken?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
the entire floor
put a few pieces of moss randomly on the net and then cover the net part without the moss with the sand and it slowly reach out of the sand
i going to do the same

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
So the moss I can get from my LFS is weighted and comes on a 3x5 grid. Can I just sink that our do I need to window screen my entire tank floor?
Most likely it will just be the moss itself. Another option is too simply find some flat rocks. Tie the moss to it using thread and spread out maybe 5 or so rocks on top of the sand in the foreground and eventually they will all connect once the moss grows. When it's time to trim it's easy to simply lift out the rock trim and then put back down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.