The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i had moss growing on my one of my rili shrimp only. I didn't pay much attention to it she walked perfectly fine like nothing ever happened but now she is laying
sideways. She is still alive but she can't stand up anymore, i was hoping she was molting to get the moss out of the exoskeleton but no luck /:

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Are you sure it is moss and not some kind of infection? The shrimp would have too stay completely still for at least a day if the moss could attach...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, not at all! I made sure before that happened it started off on her chest and started growing around the legs now so this is definitely some sort of fungus and thank you for mentioning that to me i thought it was moss. Would salt kill it?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I don't think so. I remember reading something about malachite green treating a green fungus on shrimp. If it were me, I would do a search on the web for something like "treatment green fungus on shrimp" and see what comes up. I would isolate any displaying this fungus from the others.
Please post back if you come up with any answers.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8...n-fungus-sky-blue-velvet-neos-added-pics.html

HELP! Shrimp Green FUNGUS - General Discussion - The Shrimp Spot

Read these ^

In short, no known cure. Best course of action is to separate the shrimp showing any signs of the the green "fungus" or risk infecting your whole colony. Continue to monitor your other shrimp and separate as necessary. You can try treating the infected shrimp, but no real successful treatments reported. Some relief has been mentioned, so it is still worth looking into.

I personally have never had it on my shrimp, so I am not sure how I would feel about risking leaving the symptom-free shrimp in a tank that had some shrimp showing symptoms, but form most reports, if separated early enough, infection spreading doesn't usually happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.