The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has done a foreground with just moss? Do you just place it in between mesh nets? How is the maintenance for it, because they do grow kind of fast. Thanks in advanced.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Depends on the moss.

If you pick one that's a fast grower, it's nice to have it grow in on something that you can lift out of the tank when it's time to give it a trim. Otherwise, if you cut it in the tank, have fun fishing all the pieces out afterwards LOL

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about using flame moss for a foreground. Its quite difficult to find bigger portions of flame moss. What moss do you suggest for a moss wall?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i dont have pics before i tore it down but i really like flame moss. when i got mine i laid it down and had a whole 20 gallon full of the stuff.

this is when it was about half way up.

this is the start.

i think this one was christmas moss in a shrimp tank.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont have pics before i tore it down but i really like flame moss. when i got mine i laid it down and had a whole 20 gallon full of the stuff.

this is when it was about half way up.

this is the start.

i think this one was christmas moss in a shrimp tank.
I had a foreground of java moss in my 29g that went from this:

To this:

in a matter of 2 months.
-Mgamer20o0 nice flame moss, did you buy a bulk of it? I find it quite hard to get a good portion of flame moss.

-emmanuelchavez nice foreground, did you just sandwich the moss in between some mesh?

what kind of mesh is good for this task? stainless steel, wired, or plastic?
Where can I find it? I also seen a picture of someone using a stainless steel mesh and a plastic net instead of another mesh to sandwich the moss, where can I find the net?

Thank you for all the replies!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.