The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi TPT Forum
I'm new to the hobby this past year. I went from a 10 G starting last May (in which all my guppies died) to a 28G community tank with some first plants. The fish and plants are now staying alive! (I also have a 20G ACFrog tank).

So I'm so excited about this new hobby, I purchased a 32G waterhome yesterday, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with what to stock it with. Maybe you can help? Here are some parameters:
I have a heater, Aquaclear filter, 2, 20 watt flourecents, a DIY 2L CO2, and purchased Active-Flora gravel substrate. The water in Vancouver is soft, but the Active Flora should keep it at around ph-7.
The tank is in my rather large living room, so I was hoping to get fish could be seen from the couch. My preference would be shades of orange so they are a bit flashy.
My LFS has some really nice Odessa Barbs. Also was looking into Swordtails, but it sounds like I can only get 3 (the males fight)? Maybe a mix of livebearers?
I figure once I know what fish I want, I can decide on the correct plants for them. Is that the right order or do you guys go the other way?

Your stocking tips are welcomed!
SarahGiamm

·
Registered
490 Posts
You could do one male and 2 or 3 female swordtails in that size tank. Just remember if you do that you could end up with a lot more. In the right conditions swords will breed like crazy, lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
done.

ok I went for the Odessa's. I bought 6 of them and some new plants too. I did look up the cichlid, but I wanted more plants than the hard water would allow. Thanks for the responses!
I will post pics when the tank clears up a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts