The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got these guys on monday.The tank just said mixed shrimp.Before I opened my mouth to ask the owner said "before you say anything NO I dont know what kinds they are they all got lumped in together and we ordered cherrys, red tails and blue somethings" and she also said she was getting in black and white bumblebees(bees?)and zebras(im thinking tiger but you never know with this place), they refer to me as "The Shrimp Guy" now:hihi:

Anyhoo they all looked the same at first but the top ones gone from clear to blue, but I swar it turns kinda red as well and then back to blue.The far left is very drak blue to almost black with a tan stripe and the other is kinda beige and resembled the one in my other ID thread.

Thanks(oh and the far rights one of my amanos before anyone says).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Doh thats the problem with them I dont know which ones cross without having them ID'd and at the moment I have only 1 tank to work with.
I sent you an email. Send me pics of each different looking shrimp you have and I will try my best to properly ID each one.

You need to get another tank up and running ASAP if you are purchasing more shrimp. Some people think that cross-breeding shrimp is a good thing because you will get the best of each one. It is actually quite the opposite, they turn out like crap.

-Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.