1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so now that i have my tank set up i have some questions
1. does this guy need filtration i heard that they dont need it
2. a heater will he be better off with a heater or is it unnecessary
3. im thinking about floating plants my lighting so far was 3 60watt incandescent bulbs if i replaced one or two with 13watt curly cues would it be better.
4. and what is the best source of food

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes, ACFs need filtration and heater (though I had one as a child for many years w/o a heater),. Floating plants are fine but they will uproot anything that is planted.

Definitely do a google search to learn more about these frogs, as they have particular care instructions (like size of gravel). Mine ate some kind of pellet/sticks, but also ate any fish he could get in his mouth. We mostly gave him feeder goldfish.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Filtration is good, but lots of people don't use it.
Heater is important if you live where there is a winter period, they need temperatures like a tropical fish. About 24C.
When it comes to gravel/substrate, it's the same as corys. Make sure the gravel is small enough that it can pass through their digestive system if they eat it by accident.
They can eat fish food and reptile sticks, but like to eat feeder fish as an adult.
http://allaboutfrogs.org/info/species/clawed.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.