The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fluval Spec 2g on my desk at work. Now this morning my sister who works for the same company came in early and put two glow light tetras in he tank. It is planted and just getting going. My dilemma is I know the tank is to small for them but I don't want to rip it down to get them out.

She thought she was doing something sweet and thoughtful. I haven't told her yet.

Am I crazy if I leave them.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I don't think they'll be an issue either based on the size of the fish. If you don't care for the fish themselves, that's a different issue. Go easy on the feeding and you should be fine. If it's a fish-in cycle that's worrying you, try Seachem Stability. It's the only product of its' type that I've ever tried and it does work well.

And it was a sweet and thoughtful gesture. Work with it if you can.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll leave them alone. I really appreciated the thought my sister put in to the surprise. Two, I'm pretty sure are the max. With the scape I put in there it does not leave much room. I am adding Seachem Stability everyday. Brought it with the fertz and excel.

I guess I'm just conditioned by the Tang Police from the saltwater forums.

This is there home.

917 Posts
Make a DIY CO2 system for it and be all excited about it around her, then accidentally turn the bubble rate up too high and poison the fish. Then act sad about it and go the next day to buy "replacements" AKA fish that you want.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Make a DIY CO2 system for it and be all excited about it around her, then accidentally turn the bubble rate up too high and poison the fish. Then act sad about it and go the next day to buy "replacements" AKA fish that you want.

Problem solved.
Thats terrible but I would accidentally pitch them with a water change.

That scape is too gorgeous for tacky glow tetras.

Or tell her you had an ammonia spike. Take the fish to the lfs.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
i think the two glowlight will do fine in a 2g, you could prolly up it to 5
I agree.

Small bodied tetras are negligable bioload in planted tanks.

You could probably stick some snails/shrimp in there along with a few more Glolights and STILL not have water parameter issues as long as the plants are healthy and you keep up with regular water changes.

(This coming from someone who always advocates light bioloads, too ;) )

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I think you're good as well. The main prob may be in training yourself ( and other?) to really NOT feed the fish. Tiny is hard and others may not understand when they beg it does not mean they are starved!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.