The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you use Mopani wood in your aquariums? I was at my LFS when I saw a very neat piece which looks kind of like a dragon with grooves in the middle perfect for some plants to really grow into it. I instantly bought it without thinking of what else will go with it.

I have a 55 gallon which will feature a large rock in the middle with a piece of wood on each side, and I have some neat quartz which would go on the sides of the wood. My issue now is finding that second piece of mopani. Everything I find looks like crap at the LPS, and they post generic pictures on Ebay :(

Now I am wondering if this specific piece is a lost cause, and if I should just hold onto it until I can use it in another tank.

Has anyone mixed the types of driftwood before? I am worried it wont look very good considering how different mopani is.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The lighter color of my mopani wood got darker after almost a year being submerged. Other wood I've used seemed to have gotten darker overtime. No experience with manzanita branches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha kinda funny.. I bought a real nice peice of mopani as well. Its actually hollowed out and makes its own cave. Real big too. Bought it instantly.. had to have it. Now. I'm kinda in the same boat... waiting for wood to be restocked to find the new golden peice.

My tank is currently setup quite lame, so I'm mixing fake plastic wooden tree stumps with all fake plastic plants and the awesome peice of wood, along with texas holey rock I got on vacation to tx. So ya my tanks quite a dissaster compared to most who post here... but I just refer to it as my "plastiscape"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.