The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Psst any recent finds in he greater Montreal area? Always looking for new stores etc. Thanks!
Almost a year since my last post, I have to say I now only go to Aza on Boulevard Taschereau.

Places I tried:

Aza Aquarium in Brossard: Great prices, well maintained fish tanks, great selection of plants that sell out very quickly when they receive them. By far my favorite place.

Safari Boulevard dix30: Expect a snail invasion if you buy plants from there. Some fish are also mislabelled (ex: pink glofish sold as red danios). Stuff is also a bit pricey. Don't fall for their "discounts" fish tanks or stuff like that, the promo have been there forever.

Tropicazoo in Chambly: Dead fishes in 2/3 of the tanks. They have no idea what they're doing. A quarantaine tank is required if you buy live stock there.

Subaquatique in Beloeil: Very well maintained fish tanks, best looking fish store in the south shore of Montreal in my opinion. That's the only store where I found high tech co2 equipment in stock. Their staff are also well-trained. With Aza Aquariums, this is the only store where I found carpeting plants like dwarf hair grass and dwarf baby tears. Again, they sell otu VERY fast when they have some in stock. Why don't I go this this place more often? Well, because everything is [censored][censored][censored][censored]ING EXPENSIVE! Even more than Safari.

Hey it's me again! Just want to let you guys know about a new store that opened recently in Montreal

They're Aquasense Workshop, located at 5530 St PAtrick Street, Unit #1110. They're a bit hard to find in there, it's a huge building, so make sure you follow the instructions on the wall if you go there!

Their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aquasenseworkshop

So why am I talking about them? Their prices were awesome and they have soooo many items that you won'T find in any other fish stores! Tons of diffusers, glass stuff, co2 equipment, Tropica, ADA stuff, Saphyre rimless tanks and it goes on an on.

When I went there they had TONS of carpeting plants choices, I was very impressed. And the guy who work there KNOWS what he's talking about, which makes your visit even more pleasant.

It is a MUST go store in my opinion for anyone in this hobby!

Wow maidom thanks for all the great info! I'll definitely check out that aquascaping place, looks really nice.

Anyone know where I can find apistos or GBRs here in Montreal? When I do find GBRs they look poorly, not only in color but in shape. Never seems like good stock and apistos seem impossible to find. Thanks!

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and also from Montreal. One of my friend gave me a 15g tank setup and woke up an old passion. Keep on adjusting it for a better pleasant look with fully natural things. Except a lil no fishing sign. Going for a 90g tank with a custom stand soon and co2 system.

Nice to see that I'm not alone from Montreal on this forum.

Rauglothor

Attachments

Yes, they have already closed for good. There is another shop which I have not yet checked but suggested in this thread – AquaSense. Planning on visiting it soon for some carpet plants.

I am on the south shore of Montreal.
Just moved so no tank for now except a modified fluvia chi where all fish died and plants are growing back after the move.

Would like to setup a large tank in the basement. Probably a large cube cause I like to see tank from different angles but will see what fit best and what I can find at good price.

Where do you guys purchase your stuff ?
I like the plant guy for the plants but no idea where for fish except reef solution in laval.

Just discovering this thread three years after the last post. Was wondering if all you Montrealers are still around, and if you have new favourite stores. I've been to Aquarius, Aquasense and Aqua Plus. I'm fairly new to the hobby and am always on the lookout for cool stores accessible by STM.

Just discovering this thread three years after the last post. Was wondering if all you Montrealers are still around, and if you have new favourite stores. I've been to Aquarius, Aquasense and Aqua Plus. I'm fairly new to the hobby and am always on the lookout for cool stores accessible by STM.
Those are the only places I go to as well. Maybe Aquarium Du Nord but their selection is poor everytime I am looking for something.

Aquasense and Aqua Plus are IMO the main stores for this hobby. Over the last years I have purchased items at both stores, mostly at Aquasense though. If you are patient and don't mind waiting, head to Aqua Plus and order your equipment there. They tend to be cheaper than Aquasense but don't have a lot in stock.

On the other hand if you want your stuff right away and pay slightly more, AquaSense is the place to go.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.