The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's day 4 of new tank went straight for submerged planting of tropica 1-2 grow Monte Carlo and s.repens. Using high light, JBL 24 daily fertiliser, JBL 7 fertiliser balls, manual co2 (tropica plant growth system 60).Planted in Fluval plant and shrimp stratum.

4 pots total of Monte Carlo. one had burst in overnight shipping, still had some water in the pot but leaves were dull. (I assumed this was melting for emersed growth). they haven't recovered since planting though and have gotten worse. best picture I can get at the front of the tank. The discoloured MC on the left compared to normal coloured on the right. most the black spots is dust as I've just added some hardscape bogwood and disrupted the substrate.

Should I write them off now or wait a few more days?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I would give it some time, try to suck up the truly melted parts up with a turkey baster and clip dead parts at the base (leave the roots) it may recover. I wouldn't give up on it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.