The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All of these were grown from tissue cultures and from a tank with all tissue cultured plants with two exceptions (more on that below). Just reply and I'll use the post number with randomnumber.org on Saturday to select a winner. Will ship for free as well if in the US.

- RICCIA FLUITANS
- HYDROCOTYLE TRIPARTITA "JAPAN" - this was listed as high light and being med-difficult. I have found it to be anything but. It grows like a weed
- MICRANTHEMUM "MONTE CARLO"
- HEMIANTHUS CALLITRICHOIDES "CUBA"
- CYPERUS HELFERI- .

Full disclosure:
- I have been fighting blanket weed in this tank recently. I believe due to allowing my nutrient levels to fall too low. I did a prolonged dip in a high concentration of excel so hopefully none will make it to you.
- There are snails in this tank mostly ramhorn and MTS. No doubt some of these will make it to you
- The two non tissue cultured plants introduced to this tank were marimo moss balls and Java Fern. The Java Fern developed what may or may not have been some rare disease. Whatever it was it only affected the Java Fern. I removed and destroyed all Java Ferns from all my tanks on the 10th of this month. From what I've read, though admittedly there does not seem to be much on this, it only effects ferns and is thought to spread through direct contact. Following is a link to the thread I posted here: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/23-algae/1038897-just-when-you-think-youve-seen-all.html

A very sincere thank you to all our service men and women. Enjoy the long weekend and bon chance!

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to already have participation!

One friendly reminder: A reply to post is all that is needed to enter. Can be something as simple as "I'm in". No need to copy/paste member lists as I'll be using post numbers to select winner. This seems to me to be the best method so as to prevent a participant from accidentally being left out.

However, if you disagree you can use your reply to say so and I will gladly take into consideration!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts