The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a molt form one of my crs today and it was on its back curled up but looked fine. Is this a bad molt? I never saw one curledup whit the tail touching its head before. my gh is a little on the low side at 2-3 to get it to 4 i need to raise the tds to 170 should i go ahead increase it?

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Did you find the exoskeleton or the actual shrimp itself, or both? A good molt should happen quickly and the shrimp should pop right out of it's old shell and go on about it's business. It will spend a little time cleaning the new shell but it shouldn't be laying on it's back. If that's the case, it's def a bad molt.

I keep my CRS at 220 TDS but not all shrimp are create equal. Most folks keep their CRS at ~150 TDS. I'd up it a little if I were you.

What are you using to remineralize?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i couldn't fine the shrimp but i still counted 9 so no one died and they all looked fine to me

all i found when the light came on was the exoskeleton and it looked clean just curled up

im using fluval shrimp mineral till i run out of it then going to buy something else. what do you recommend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts