The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i moved some duckweed over from one tank where it was growing under 2 15w t8s to my other tank that has 2 24w t5hos and they have gone mouldy in about 2 days...

not sure why it is happening... is it because the t5hos are just too bright? the duckweed is several inches below the lights.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I get that on my salvinia natans, mainly just when there is a bit of water caught on top that eats away at it or something? When i do more tank maintenance or move the plants around they get mold, but then they start filling in again within a few days and i can't see the mold anymore.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get that on my salvinia natans, mainly just when there is a bit of water caught on top that eats away at it or something? When i do more tank maintenance or move the plants around they get mold, but then they start filling in again within a few days and i can't see the mold anymore.

hmm hopefully that's the case here :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I got mold on my duckweed back when I had it, then maybe it would have died.
:D that's usually how i feel about it. i have to constantly skim it off of my other tank to stop it taking over, and when i had it a few years ago it was a nightmare to get of...

murphy's law i guess ;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Maybe it will just take time to adjust. Does it actually have mold on it?
my thoughts exactly, is it really mold? or just white spots like its leaf is bleached? it is possible to sunburn a plant when its from a lower light to a much higher light ive done it, idk if that jump would do it in your case but its something to look at as its a possiblity. maybe google sunbleaching and post a pic if ur still unsure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.