The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just recieved shipment of my 36" x4bulb t5 fixture by oceanlight. Fixture looks pretty cool and was significantly cheaper then the tek, but i was a disheartened to say the least when i saw that it does not have two power cords to stage my lighting via a timer. the fixture does utilize two run ballasts to run the lights w/ two manual switches to run two or all four. thank goodness for that. my question is. can i wire in another j cord and isolate the ballast and switch feeding them seperatly. i am a good w/ electric but don't know much about flourecent lighting, ballsats etc.. any advice or suggestions would be welcome. i thought i asked the supplier if it had two cords, maby he thought i meant two switches. to his credit he was willing to take it back. but i think i can make this work. also i ordered the planta bulb. the aquamedic plant specific bulb by sylvania ( they arrived broken but i am being sent another 4 no problems) they have no typical k rating so i don't know much about them. does anyone know if they are any good. either way i guess i am gona find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.