The Planted Tank Forum banner

Which Microrasbora Species Should I Pick?

• Boraras Maculata

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Boraras Brigittae (Chili Rasbora)

Votes: 84 86.6%
21 - 40 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Pretty much. They are slow release but the downside with osmocote I read (not yet confirmed in all the posts I've read) is that the casing itself doesn't dissentigrate in the water. So you will have like little plastic balls underneath your substrate. I'm not sure about rootmedi products. But those 2 are usually the recomended in this forum.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Pretty much. They are slow release but the downside with osmocote I read (not yet confirmed in all the posts I've read) is that the casing itself doesn't dissentigrate in the water. So you will have like little plastic balls underneath your substrate. I'm not sure about rootmedi products. But those 2 are usually the recomended in this forum.
How long do they last me though? and by adding them does that change up how I have to dose my tank?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Haha... That I'm not so sure. I read they last from 3to 6 months, or when ever your conscious thinks it's depleted. I'm no expert in fertilizing tanks, someone else should chime in on this.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Bought 1 Otto today... talked to a fellow fish lover and he suggested to switch from my orginal white cloud minnow plan and instead stock the tank with Rasbora Maculata.

Updated Fauna

Current:
2 wild minnows (still wondering what to do with them)
1 White Cloud Minnow
1 Otocinclus Catfish

To Get:

x3 Amano Shrimp
x3 Cherry Shrimp
x6 Rasbora Maculata

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I just realized that your last tank was rimless (or it seems like it), what happened to it?
Yea it was a custom made cube with starphire glass. But unfortunately While I was gone for a 3 month vacation to the philippines my light died thus resulting in mass destruction and almost no survival.. the one thing that survived was the white cloud who currently inhabits my tank.. what a survivor.

21 - 40 of 662 Posts