The Planted Tank Forum banner

Which Microrasbora Species Should I Pick?

• Boraras Maculata

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Boraras Brigittae (Chili Rasbora)

Votes: 84 86.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks good. The rock in the middle looks too centered, might just be me; but I can see it looking good with the dhg foreground. Are you planning anything for the background? paint, plants?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Root tabs. check out those diy osmocotes, they seem to be doing good. Same for rootmedic capsuls.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Pretty much. They are slow release but the downside with osmocote I read (not yet confirmed in all the posts I've read) is that the casing itself doesn't dissentigrate in the water. So you will have like little plastic balls underneath your substrate. I'm not sure about rootmedi products. But those 2 are usually the recomended in this forum.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Haha... That I'm not so sure. I read they last from 3to 6 months, or when ever your conscious thinks it's depleted. I'm no expert in fertilizing tanks, someone else should chime in on this.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I just realized that your last tank was rimless (or it seems like it), what happened to it?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sad to see this tank go =/ At least you can still use it to grow emmersed plants, maybe a crypt tank?

On the bright side, we're all looking forward for your 7.5 cube scape :proud:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
.MKO. said:
Scape does look too good for a temporary tank. Also, what's in the container on the right? Looks like water and plants.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Your tank has recovered nicely, looks like you didn't even had a large outbreak. Thumbs up on the 3 moss covered rocks. The only thing that I'd worry about is that those moss covered rocks might get fluffy.

When I think of a forest edge, I imagine various plants tapering off untill it hits the grassland. If the moss gets fluffy, it might end up looking like boulders.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Do you have any cover on the intake of the elite mini?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts