The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished dinner and I thought I'd share my ramen recipe with you. It turned out really delicious and my sister is already asking for it again next week. This recipe is good for anyone who has semi-easy access to a good Asian grocery store as some of the ingredients are harder to find.

The ingredients:

- 2 instant ramen packets beef
- 1/4 lbs thin sliced beef brisket
- 8 frozen meatballs (the one's used in Phở )
- 1 bok choy bunch
- 4 stalks from Chinese cabbage
- green onions
- soy sause
- mirin
- 2 eggs
- naruto maki

First I'll tell you how to make the soft boiled eggs since they have to sit over night.

Soft Boiled Eggs
1. Place room temperature eggs into pot and move around constantly until brought to a boil. Let boil for 4 minutes.
2. Remove eggs and place into a bowl full of ice water.
3. Take 1/4 cup of soy sauce and a 1/4 cup of mirin and mix in a bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
4. Pour mixture into small plastic bag.
5. Carefully remove shell from eggs and place both eggs into the mixture. Tie it up and let it stay in the fridge for the night.

Soup
1. Heat up 4 cups of water on mid/high heat and mix in the beef broth packets that are included in the instant ramen packets.
2. Throw in the frozen meatballs, and let cook for about 3 minutes or until the meatballs become soft.
4. Put in the instant noodles. Cook fully.
5. Add in the bok choy and Chinese cabbage. Cook for about 1 minute.
6. At the very last minute add in the thin sliced beef brisket. This should cook in a matter of seconds.
7. Place your ramen in a bowl and add the sliced naruto maki to the top for some color. Also take the green onions and slice them very thinly length wise. Place on top.
8. Take eggs out from the fridge after being marinated over night. take a string and slice egg in half. Place on top of the ramen.

And there you go! My special ramen for when you feel like warming up.

Enjoy PT.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Thanks for sharing a recipe, I love getting new recipes and I love cooking :D I have a nice collection of recipes :icon_smil I don't think I ever had Ramen?! It looks very good, now I need to find all the ingridience. I will be hitting Asian market soon since I have a craving for some authentic Pad Thai that I make and I can't find the ingridience for it in the regular store...

What's that round white stuff with pink swirl inside it?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing a recipe, I love getting new recipes and I love cooking :D I have a nice collection of recipes :icon_smil I don't think I ever had Ramen?! It looks very good, now I need to find all the ingridience. I will be hitting Asian market soon since I have a craving for some authentic Pad Thai that I make and I can't find the ingridience for it in the regular store...

What's that round white stuff with pink swirl inside it?
It's called naruto maki. It's basically like a fish cake. It looks like this:

It will most likely be in the frozen section with a plastic wrap.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you should try making real ramen. Have a pot of real broth and real noodles handy.. You'll never go back to instant ever again.

I know it's a bit of a hassle but it's great in the winter. the broth pot will hydrate the room. But I'm sure you know.

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/ramen/r/shoyuramen.htm

now I want a bowl of ramen, Or udon, or soba. I love japanese noodle soups.
I agree the fresh noodles and home made broth is the best. I've been able to make it once before but I didn't have as many ingredients as I did this time. The best for making the broth is dashi mixed with homemade pork broth. It's delicious.

My next thing to try is Udon. :)

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Oh man, I want a gigantic bowl of that right now. It looks soooo good aaahh ;__;!

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
It was amazingly good. You should make it!
Sadly I'm missing everything but the soy sauce and green onions.

I would make tamagoyaki instead but I have no dashi either. I need to stop by the asian market soon D:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sadly I'm missing everything but the soy sauce and green onions.

I would make tamagoyaki instead but I have no dashi either. I need to stop by the asian market soon D:
I love stopping by the asian market. So many things you can only find there. I can't help myself. :flick:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts