The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep thinking of new questions to ask since I'm still new to shrimp, sorry ^^
I have shrimp that were sold to me as "cherry/rilli mix", I also have 4 "wild type Neocaridina" that were thrown in as a surprise when I bought some live food cultures (given as an easy quick breeding food source for dwarf puffers). Right now the wild types are just living in a >.5 tupperware with holes poked in the lid(with old almond leaves and moss they were shipped with) and I feel bad leaving them in there while the cherry/rilis get nice accommodations. To their credit they're very durable and still alive in there with the lack of love they're getting atm.
I was thinking of tossing the wild types together with the cherry/rili batch in my 2g bowl and jar since they're already not 'pure bred'. I'm not planing on doing selective breeding or future selling of shrimp so having odd offspring isn't an issue (as log as they aren't mutant monsters or sterile) If I ever manage to have "too many" I'll toss some in the dwarf puffer tank, see how they do.
Would the wild type eat the others or end up being eaten by the others?
Would these shrimp breed together?
What sort of offspring should I expect if they breed (dominant wild type aka clear shell genetics)?
Or is such mixing horrible shunned in the shrimp keeper community?

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feed back. I'm sure the wild types will love the upgrade in housing (and the sexier selection of ladies ^_~)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.