The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I have heard folks purposely add a small amount of excel into the micros to prevent molding. I don't know if there is a limit on the proportions. My plan is to add excel to micros and macros (but only a relatively small amount) to hopefully stop molding and help them stay dissolved. I'll be interested in hearing what other people have to say on this as well.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
My recollection is that Seachem does not recommend it, but that might be able to be qualified by asking them. They are very good at getting back to you if you email them. I do know that light will accelerate the breakdown of glut, so make sure your container is opaque if you decide to do it. It would also be good to keep the mixture acidic, if it isn't already (add some ascorbic acid). Glut is made more potent when water is alkaline and may break down faster.

If you contact Seachem, be sure to post their answer so that others can see it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My recollection is that Seachem does not recommend it, but that might be able to be qualified by asking them. They are very good at getting back to you if you email them. I do know that light will accelerate the breakdown of glut, so make sure your container is opaque if you decide to do it. It would also be good to keep the mixture acidic, if it isn't already (add some ascorbic acid). Glut is made more potent when water is alkaline and may break down faster.

If you contact Seachem, be sure to post their answer so that others can see it.
Thanks! Sounds like I might do well to just use the original opaque bottle and pull with an unused pump head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.