The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always made fertilizer solutions and they seem to work well but I’m wondering if I am getting the most out of my solutions which got me to ask; after putting the pH reduction agent into the solution, is there a proper order to add each fertilizer? I use KNO3, KCL, KH2PO4, and Burr’s micro mix. Some tanks use EDTA Fe and some tanks use DTPA Fe. Sometimes I add the micro nutrients directly into the main solution via powder and sometimes I create a solution and add a predetermined portion of that to the macro mix to make it an all in one fert. What are your thoughts and experiences?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
i'm far from being a chemist, but i don't think it matters. i add it in the order i use to calculate what i need: kno3, k2po4, k2so4, epsom salt, and finally csm. i don't get any noticeable precipitates.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm far from being a chemist, but i don't think it matters. i add it in the order i use to calculate what i need: kno3, k2po4, k2so4, epsom salt, and finally csm. i don't get any noticeable precipitates.
That’s how I do it as well and don’t notice anything I think is precipitate. I’ll get the occasional salt creep at the tip of the nozzle but I was led to believe that was just the water evaporating from the dispenser tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.