The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well actually its a 46g tank, but anyway I got some kribs a while ago, and i love them! They've been spawning regularly and they look fantastic. But my question is, could i safely mix any other dwarf cichlids with them in my 46g? My LFS recently got in a bunch of really beautiful Apistos... could I have one pair of Apistos and one pair of Kribs in the same tank, spawning, without them tearing each other (or the dither fish - small tetras and rainbows) apart?

·
Registered
316 Posts
While I haven't mixed any yet, it is because of the stories I've heard and read. When spawning cichlids can get kind of crazy. I've heard some say that you can't even put two pairs of the same type of cichlids in a 55g tank.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, okay. haha i thought so, but i was just making sure.

what if it was a pair of gold rams and checkerboards or something?

or two pairs of apistos? i've heard kribs are much more aggressive then other dwarf cichlids.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Two pairs of apistos should work as long as the tank has plenty of decorations to break up the sight lines. Have you thought about getting some plants :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
U should be fine, i have 5 kribs 2 rams 2 a. aggasizzii and 2 a. cacatouides in a 60g tank quite nicely, in actual fact all the dwarfs are breeding in there with exception of the rams(2 boys LOL) alto no fry survive(all eaten by the other dwarfs and tetras)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts