The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I wanted to to set up a tank for a musk turtle and instead of just a cheap basking platform I wanted to make a sort of landscape. So I used expansion foam to build up the "land" and then I tried to silicon the edges. Well, water is getting inside the expansion foam section one way or another. Should I just gut the tank? Give up on making a "landmass" with expansion foam. Should I tear it all apart and try again? Or should I just leave it be?

I feel option C should be a hard pass, guessing the water (however much is inside the foam would be a ammonia hot spot waiting to blow. I really wanted this tank to look nice and it does.... But is the expansion foam build just not worth the holes water is getting through. Lastly did I just screw up my foam job / silicone?

I plan on pothos being on the landmass too, and I have plants for the water as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you put some holes/slots/openings to just let the water flow freely into and out of the cavity that you are currently trying to keep sealed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts