The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a TB was crossed with an A grade CRS, and made a mischling, would that offspring be hardy like the A grade CRS or sensitive like the TB? Furthermore, if two mischlings had a TB offspring, would the TB be less sensitive to water parameters?

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Mischlings are as hardy as crs, Taiwan bees are almost as hardy as crs too. The problem with Taiwan bees is they grow slower and berried females sometimes die because of the extra long gestation period.

I wouldn't worry about hardiness, Taiwan bees are pretty hardy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, okay. I was just under the impression that Taiwan Bees were still sensitive to water parameters even after all the generations of breeding since they were first introduced into the hobby. I might look into Taiwan Bees in a couple of months or so. Thanks for the help.

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
I just stepped into them, and they are great. But make sure you can first keep and breed CRS first. It hurts allot less leaning with CRS then TB. I made sure my SS-SSS CRS started doing well and breeding good then I went to PRL and made sure those did well. Now I am all in on TB and hoping I can get them to do well like my PRL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts