The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a nerite in one of my open top aquariums. I lost a nerite before from it deciding the outside of the aquarium needed to be cleaned :iamwithst So I got another one after that one perished. Well today I found it on the carpet, and the carpet was very dry, so I figured it'd been out of water for a few hours. I feared for the worst, so I picked it up and deciding it might not be dead, I put it in a glass of water and left to do some work.

A few hours later I came back home, and to my astonishment, it was hanging on the side of the glass! Somehow this hardy snail did not die, despite being out of water for who knows how long! It is now happily back in its home, chomping away at some GSA on the glass. What a snail. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is so funny, EXACT same thing happened to me. One of them disappeared, could not find it for the life of me but saw its snail trail evidence on my dresser next to the tank.

I found it the other day under my chair - poor bastard.

I got a replacement and I found him next to the tank on my dresser just yesterday morning!

I like open top aquariums, so if it keeps wandering outside the tank, I'll probably get rid of it.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I use to keep 2 nerites in my 55g open top riparium, never had them wonder out of the tank which was nice. Though the female would find hiding places (under the black trim (inside the tank)) or wedge in the driftwood).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.