The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are small thin threadlike little worms in the muck in the bottom of my sump. If they are anywhere else in the tank I am unlikely to notice them bc they are so small and thin. I can see 4....but I imagine there are more. They are too small for me to photograph.

They are about 5-10 mm in length and are thinner than a strand of hair. They have a sort of writhing movement.

Whatever they are, they aren't susceptible to 7 days of flubendazole....as I just completed that treatment Friday and "gravel" suctioned the sump a bit during my water change.

I have noticed them whenever I've looked since I've had the tank running and the muck accumulating in the bottom of the sump (3m).

Anyone have any idea what they are? Should I be concerned?

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Not sure what they are, but I call them detrius worms. Had them in one of my tanks with shrimp with no issues. Here is a picture I got of one of them close up. About the size of a hair and swam in an "s" pattern when the substrate was riled up. Completely harmless from what I read up on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.