The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I agree with Sean W. The stones are lacking character, but your layout is solid. That last one is pretty strong! If it was with Ohko or Seiryu type stones, it would be that much more impactful.

You have a good eye for hardscaping!

·
Planted Tanker
6,059 Posts
I like the last layout.

To everyone calling for "better" rocks, not everything in nature looks like Ohko stones. Something like those or Seiryu would indeed be nice...if you want to look like every other Igwami out there today :red_mouth

These three have their own distinct look and character. To me they are just fine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4/15/2014

Okay, I think I'm getting there with the layout. I added more substrate to the right upper side, to create more depth there. So it looks more like a mountain side. Here goes with a straight shot photo, and one to the slight left side, which is how the tank is approached.
Also added a frosted back.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey folks, so I ended up with the last hardscape and started an HC dsm. I've finally filled it, and to be honest, I think it could use another dimension with tall plants in the background or behind/around the stones. I have empty spots where the stones cast shadows, HC will not grow into those areas for some reason. Maybe put Erio, or S. Repens, or blyxa japonica. Let me know what you guys think, ideas, critics comments welcome. Thanks.

Current tank shot:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.