The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think the smallest "breed" of goldfish is the pearlscale--they look like golfballs with dropsy. They aren't anything like a small fish, though. (Ounce for ounce, a goldfish doesn't produce more crap than a gourami.)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I think the smallest "breed" of goldfish is the pearlscale--they look like golfballs with dropsy. They aren't anything like a small fish, though. (Ounce for ounce, a goldfish doesn't produce more crap than a gourami.)

pearlscales get big but not long.. they just fill out in "different" directions then other fish.. instead of jsut growing in length they grow out in width just a much.. so they end up looking like softballs. someone has one they looks like a softball 0_o just as big.

and there are no small goldfish. if they are small they are stunted or young but they are suppose to be 3-4 inches long at 1 year old.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
your crayfish make more ammonia then a goldfish.
touché - that's why I keep them in a separate lightly planted tank,
with my only other crap factories... Endler's livebearer(guppy) females.
please don't take my goldfish disgust personally,
it's just the way I was wired.

·
Registered
234 Posts
black moores are a big breed. spypet you just made my day CRAP FACTORIES !
the goldfish is the dirtiest fish to be kept. a dwarf goldfish ? no such thing , all goldfish more or less get the size of a baseballl.(plus fins)

jordan

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Black moores are one of the smallest breeds. Usually they don't get over 5"
Comets(feeders) can get to 2'

·
Registered
234 Posts
black moores? ive seen tons at the size of a football.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.