The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a few weeks restocking my 10 gallon with cherry shrimp and was wondering if a pot would be a suitable habitat for them to hide in while my plants grow out again? I have two small ceramic pots laying around and just wanted to see what yall think.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I guess the burnt orangey red ones are terracotta? I meant those if they arent ceramic, LOL. I've used the orangey ones before and worked good with fish i just didnt know if its ok for shrimpies.
yep, those are terracotta.. i've used them in my shrimp tank, but i boiled it first before putting it in.. you can get those at any crafts store, ie: michaels and ac moore.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Are you asking whether the pot would provide a safe place for shrimp away from fish or whether the shrimp would like hanging out in there? For the former, I suspect not unless your fish are fairly large. For the latter, sure, they'd find that a good place to hang out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.