The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this deal on local Brooklyn site- Milwaukee Instruments Solenoid Valve, Co2 regulator with bubble counter + 4kg aluminium Co2 air tank filled. The whole thing for $140. What do you think?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I think that is a good price, but you will have a troublesome regulator if you buy it. Many people are happy with Milwaukee regulators, but I wasn't one of them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Alot of peeps in my reefclub and I myself have used the milwauke's on calcium reactors and most claim they need constant adjustment.
But again, I also see some people that like them.
My pref is reefantic for reg.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, I didn't want the regulator as well and I asked the guy if he can part it up and he answered me he can sell the tank only for $70. He wrote that the label says T3.4kg so it's around 8,5 lbs. made by Sherwood, made in USA. Measurements: 5,25"x 14,25" with the valve it's 18 1/8 " I forgot to ask if it's CGA 320, but I suppose so if he had it connected to milwaukee regulator. What do you think about the tank alone?

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
Essentially, $70 for a 10 lb tank? For me, it is a fair price; but nothing special. I would imagine that shipping would cost quite a bit, and then you'd have to pay the refill cost as well, so the costs will accumulate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts