The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a Milwaukee MA957 and i can not keep a consistent BPS.
If i adjust the needle valve a bit to give a faster BPS it will slowly drop an hour later.
It's like it only wants to stay at a certain slower BPS.
Ive read that other people have the same issue with this but can't find a solution.
Is it because i have no back pressure as i am not using a ceramic disc? I feed my line directly into my DIY co2 reactor.

Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
It is most likely the needle valve; you can either purchase a new one to replace the current one (running it inline is the easiest solution) or you can continue to fiddle with the MA957 valve. It should eventually settle down.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi Bishop,I have two of these and had the same thing. Definitely the cheap needle valve.Changed one with a ideal which is a little pricy but works perfect.The second did began to keep a steady flow after a few weeks of screwing with it,how long has yours been set up?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bishop,I have two of these and had the same thing. Definitely the cheap needle valve.Changed one with a ideal which is a little pricy but works perfect.The second did began to keep a steady flow after a few weeks of screwing with it,how long has yours been set up?
Hey thanks. I have had this one going for a couple weeks now. I was running it at 10-20psi then bumped it up to 80psi no change. I'm back down to 10-20psi to see if that helps. Where did you get your needle valve. I want to get this fixed as I am running into algae issues.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.