The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My regulator on my co2 worked just fine a short bit ago. Then we moved and now it doesn't work. Does one "reset" it or something?? When I turned it on recently, I heard a small "pop". Thought it was just the co2 making it's way through the chambers or something. Any suggestions of what to look for?? Do I remove it and do something??

·
Super Moderator
11,971 Posts
How did you move your CO2 setup? Did you unscrew your regulator from your CO2 tank when moving and then screw it back on? Did you move it with the regulator attached to the tank?

If you unattached it and then reattached it, did you remember to unscrew the dial on the front (the one that controls the delivery pressure) before opening the gas? A "pop" sound is usually not a good sign.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap, I don't think I relieved the pressure. The regulator was moved while on the tank. I moved it in my own vehicle as moving companies wont do pressurized tanks. Shoot, I bet I ruined it. Crap.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
As I recall, when you don't adjust the regulator back to zero pressure before turning on the valve at the CO2 bottle, the effect is to blow out the output gage, usually leaving the needle bent. Did that happen? This is a known weakness of the Milwaukee regulator and they warn you about that in the instructions.

·
Super Moderator
11,971 Posts
Crap, I don't think I relieved the pressure. The regulator was moved while on the tank. I moved it in my own vehicle as moving companies wont do pressurized tanks. Shoot, I bet I ruined it. Crap.
I assume you did close the main valve of the tank. I hope it wasn't as simple as something like that ruining your regulator.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I closed the main valve, yes! I have a bubble counter on the electric solenoid that I also relieved (and emptied of the solution). But I left the regulator on the cyclinder. So I imagine that I did relieve the pressure. The needle is not bent. I am going to fiddle with it a little bit today and see what I can come up with. Poop!! I just bought some decent plants and had hoped to have the co2 running by now. Oh well.

Thanks for all the help folks. I am taking the camera downstairs right now and gonna shoot some pictures. I will get some of the regulator too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts