The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So...my regulator stopped working between tank changes. I ran out of CO2 and did a tank swap. Must not have gotten it sealed up and it leaked out over night. Mad and lazy I didn't get another full tank for about a month. Finally did, hooked it up, and no flow through the regulator. Tank is full. Hooked up correctly. Adjust correctly. No flow. Thinking maybe the solenoid some how went bad. No idea how though. I removed the reg. today so I could take a closer look at the solenoid and listen closely as I plug and unplug it to see if I can hear if working. I accidently (stupidly) instead of removing it from the manifold, I actually unscrewed the upper body from the lower body of the solenoid. So then the spider and washer feel out and now I'm reading that the spider has be installed in a particular orientation and taking it apart voids the warranty and blah blah blah...might have made a $40 mistake. I did put it back together even if the spider isn't in the correct orientation and plugged it in and unplugged it and it clicks so it sounds like it's working...so not sure what's up with the whole regulator system. I need to keep trouble shooting if it's not the solenoid though it might be ruined now.

So, that said, anyone know how the spider is supposed to go back into the solenoid so I can at least try to see if it will work?

If I can't fix it or it was already bad...any other solenoid suggestions to look at or should I just get another Clippard? Less expensive would be nice but I'd rather spend the $40 if the Clippard will be the best for that price or less.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
first, the elastic(spider) valve seat assembly goes in first, you can see there is deep depression at the plastic valve seat where it meets the protruding metal orifice. Then washer goes into the lower body after the valve seat assembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.