The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for another good midground plant or two. I've got a 30gal high teck setup with T5HO 2x39W lighting. I've got Echinodorus vesuvius and wisteria that I'm trying to grow as a midground plant, but I'm not sure how well that's going to work out. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm just looking for ideas and if anyone has had experience with anything else.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've recently been using ludwigia ovalis, where the midground is higher

Lobelia cardinalis, blyxa japonica, staurOgyne repens, anubias nana, barteri, crypts -- wendtii various types.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Crypts are really good.l You could try Sunset Hygro too. Or a tiger lotus

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Some stems look good as a medium sized bush. Try Rotalas, that red Ludwigia going the rounds now, Bacopa, Lindernia......

Anubias likes high light just fine, might even flower for you. If you get everything just right then you won't have algae on it. GSA, get the phosphate right, BBA a squirt of Excel takes it right off.

I haven't ever had an algae problem on crypts in any light, it grows fast enough so old leaves are shaded and algae aren't attracted I guess.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some stems look good as a medium sized bush. Try Rotalas, that red Ludwigia going the rounds now, Bacopa, Lindernia......

Anubias likes high light just fine, might even flower for you. If you get everything just right then you won't have algae on it. GSA, get the phosphate right, BBA a squirt of Excel takes it right off.

I haven't ever had an algae problem on crypts in any light, it grows fast enough so old leaves are shaded and algae aren't attracted I guess.
Thanks. I think i might go with a couple anubias nana and cryptocoryne. I am already using Bacopa carolina, rotala wallichii, Rotala indica, Alternanthera reineckii, Cabomba caroliniana, and Ludwigia repens I am using as mid/background. I'm going for the full Dutch style look with a variety of stem plants in the back and on the edges for a U shaped scape. I think I can use some cryptos for the center low point. I'm not sure whether to get crypto red or crypto green though. I'm thinking i might already have enough reds/pinks with the rotala indica and wallichii, alternanthera reineckii, and ludwigia repens and arcuata.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts