The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'ello all! I am definitely getting at least one pair of Parosphromenus 'sentang' licorice gouramies, and have both a tank and a bbs hatchery ready for them. However, I would prefer not to solely feed them BBS...thus, would microworms work as a supplemental food source for small adult fishes like licorice gouramies? Thankx for your quick replies!

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Parosphromenus sp. ?Sentang? (Parosphromenus sp. sintangensis) ? Seriously Fish
This species is chiefly a micropredator feeding on tiny aquatic invertebrates, therefore in the aquarium it must be offered a variety of small live foods such as Artemia nauplii, Daphnia, Moina, mosquito larvae, micro worm, etc.

Frozen foods are sometimes accepted but not considered sufficiently-nutritious while the majority of dried products are normally refused.
I think micro worms will work fine for you.
I've not owned that species of fish or culture, but I keep (and sell) grindal worm cultures for my Pseudomugil gertrudae , they go nuts over them! Even my adult white clouds (serape tank) love 'em.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Microworms should be fine. I recently visited the fishroom of a very esteemed guppy breeder here in NJ. He feeds microworms to both fry and adult fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.