The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a little advice on my microworm culture. I've had success keeping the cultures going but I never seem to get them crawling up the sides in any significant numbers that I can harvest and feed to the fish.

The surface of the culture is just shimmering with worms but they never seem to move past that stage. I have multiple cultures going from a week or so to a month or more and none of them seem past due yet.

Is there any way to help get them to migrating up the side of the container??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can't speak about getting them to crawl up the sides, but you can harvest them easily by placing a piece of paper towel on top of the culture. They permeate the paper towel and you just pick it up and dip in the tank to wash them off.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have a bunch of cultures going so I can give a few different things a try.

As for the cover, the lid has a small hole with some filter floss stuffed in there to keep anything from going in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.