The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one of these and its the coolest! I think its better than an ipod just because of the built in radio. And hell you can even wireless sync it with your xbox 360. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I definitely like the idea of a built-in FM radio but the main deal-breaker for me as far as the Zune is concerned is that it add it's crappy DRM to EVERYTHING you put on it. So, as I'm sure you know and in the off chance that you can find another person that has a Zune, you can transfer music to them which they can play 3 times or for 3 days, whichever comes first. Fine. But what if I want to transfer a song that MY band wrote and recorded and I want the person to be able to play it as long as they like. Can't do it.

I hate DRM in general and that single thing keeps me from considering a Zune. That aside, it's a pretty nice product.

Have fun with it :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got this for free anyways so no big deal. There is only one problem right now. I dont have the disk to install it. And the zune.net software tells me there is no update. Stupid microsoft. :angryfire

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like my Pogo Radio YourWay LX. AM/FM radio, about the size of an IPod (probalby looks a lot like one, too), BUT PRYWLX is able to record both AM & FM on a timer, or can even use a microphone. Users can download the recorded material and upload their own if they wish, no limits except size of built-in ram or SC card you supply (I use a 1G card). The user interface is a bit clunky (but I'm used to it now +1 year later), and I do not know how it performs in recording music (one may record at a variety of bitrates) because 99% of my recording is of talk radio (Stephanie Miller, C2C, etc.), which I download at least once a week and edit using some freeware. I bought it through that C Crane online store.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. Am I able to put music on it from limewire? If not im going to craigs list this and just get an ipod.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I like them, but dislike some of the previously stated.
IMO, if you're gonna get an mp3 player, don't go for a well known brand, ipod especially.
They are overpriced and overrated.
I have an old Iriver(cheaper than ipod was back then) it has Fm radio, you can record off of a CD player(or anything w/ a headphone jack) and computer, it holds pics, it has a built in Mic, so you can record voice, 2 output jacks, and an input jack(4 recording) and it has AWESOME sound options0 SRS, WOW, TruBass. then a bunch of presets s/a Jazz, hip, country,etc..
This thing has BASS!
most other MP3 players i've heard have crappy low frequency outputs, but not this one.

only downsides are- No video, Not many accessories.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ipod's are not overrated or overpriced. They do what they do very well at a price that matches that matches their competition. That being said, I have an Iriver. If Ipod's were so bad they wouldn't have a stranglehold on the market.

The Zune is a good machine also but unseating Apple is an excercise in futility.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts