The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received some 100 and 50 micron pads to filter out micro particles in the tank water (I don't have a diatomic filter yet). I'm positive that they are not caused by baterica or algae bloom.

I don't know if I should temporarily use them to polish the water or if I can permanently put them above the fine pads in my Eheim filters. My uneducated guess is the prolonged use of micron pads might overload the motors in my filters and heavily restrict the water flow. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed Coral Life Pure-Flo 100 micron pads on top of the Eheim fine pads in my filters. Within 2 hours the water looked like liquid air. Wow, I'm impressed! I don't see any decrease in the water flow. I'll keep an eye on it and decide how often I should change micron pads. Next time I'll try 50 micron pads. I bought one sheet of 100 pad and one sheet of 50 pad from Bigals. Each sheet is 18 inch by 30. They will last for a few years.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is a great idea. Anywhere online I could buy some? The only place I have near me is petco/petsmart, witch don't know junk when it comes to these things, and the only real fish store is an hour's drive from me.

I have some Rena Super Micro Filtration, Filstar xP Pads. They are square but I'm assuming I could just cut it down to fit. Not sure what level of filtration these are i know they have two different pads in one thing.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the cloudness is caused by a bacteria bloom, only a diatom filter like the Vortex can help. Micron pads remove micro particles, not bacteria or parasites because they are too small for micron pads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.