The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the game for a while but I remember there were Micro Thai Crabs coming out but now I'm not able to find a vendor for them. Does any one know or sell these? Please let me know.

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
Aqua Imports has them for $5 each, showing in stock too. I've eyed these for a long time but the fact nobody can seem to breed them and raise babies has kept me from purchasing. Lore has it that they are only found in one river in Thailand, though I've also read that they are found other places. Just not a lot of factual data on this species, and I hate to think that I'm pulling rare creatures out of the one river in the world in which they are found to plop in an aquarium until their death. But someone will be the first to breed them, and will likely be a hobbyist. Good luck and keep us posted if you decide on these.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The other issue is it sounds like they spend most of their hiding. They are apparently very timid creatures. Biggest complaint seems to be that people who introduce them to their tank never see them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The other issue is it sounds like they spend most of their hiding. They are apparently very timid creatures. Biggest complaint seems to be that people who introduce them to their tank never see them.

This is true, in my experience. I found them at an LFS a few years back and jumped at the chance to add them to a shrimp tank. Rarely, if ever, saw them. Honestly have no idea what happened to them, how long they lasted, etc. They are really cool looking though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts